Who doesn’t love fried Chicken? How about our Baked Crispy Chicken recipe instead of the fatter version? We were recently in the mood for some fried chicken and decided that we wanted to keep it a little lighter so baking it seemed like a great option. The marinade below really makes the chicken tender. We’ve been on a quest for tender chicken and this past weekend we tried the same process with soaking a whole chicken in buttermilk, it was delicious.
4 Chicken Breasts or Thighs
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Ground black pepper
1-1/2 loaf of good quality bread, torn into small chunks
3 tbsp parsley
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne powder
1. Mix mayo, mustard and pepper and cover chicken and let marinade 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350′.
3. Tear the bread into small chunks and place in a bowl.
4. Add shallots, onion, and parsley to a food processor, pulse a few times. Add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper pulse a few time. Scrap the side of your bowl as needed.
5. Add the bread and pulse until a course meal. It will appear wet but we are going to put the bread crumbs on a sheet pan and roast in the oven to dry and brown the mixture for about 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. Let the bread crumbs cool.
6. Once bread crumbs are cool then dredge your chicken in the crumbs and place on a greased elevated wire rack on a sheet pan and bake at 350′ for less than 30 minutes.
You can also use this same recipe for Crispy Oven Baked Pork Chops. Do you ever make Crispy Oven Baked Chicken? Leave your comments below.
Share Your Favorite Recipes with Us!